Adults Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Program
Gracie Jiu-Jitsu for Adults
Gracie Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is the official hand-to-hand self-defence combat system of the United States Military and law enforcement agencies all around the world. Founded on easy and instinctive movements, this reality-based self-defence method was designed so that the practitioner can learn practical self-defence in the shortest possible time.
Our Adult Self-defence Program student base ranges from:
- Men and women training for fun and fitness, as well as practical, realistic, and effective self-defence
- Military personnel, law enforcement officers, correctional officers, and security industry employees
- Athletes training to compete in Jiu-Jitsu competitions and professional Mixed Martial Arts events
Our adult self-defence programs are designed to cater to everyone, whatever your training goals might be.
The Castle Hill class usually consists of a 10-15 minute warm up, half an hour technique and ‘drilling’ (practising techniques with increased intensity) and finally half an hour of ‘rolling’ (usually starting on knees and realistically competing for submission).
All Castle Hill classes are supervised by a qualified instructor. No aggressive or unsportsmanlike behaviour is tolerated, a friendly and co-operative environment is maintained throughout the session.
Gracie Jiu-Jitsu – Fundamental
Our fundamental self-defence program teaches the most important techniques of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu. These classes are ideal for any adult who would like to start training Gracie Jiu-Jitsu self-defence. The Fundamental Program covers the most important aspects of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu, including:
- Warm ups and drills – both solo and partner exercises safely taught to prepare students for their physical training.
- Self-defence – effective counters to the most common attacks such as punches, kicks and headlocks.
- Ground grappling – the fundamental attacks and defences for ground fighting.
Gracie Jiu-Jitsu – Advanced
After completing the Fundamental program, students have the opportunity to participate in the Gracie Jiu-Jitsu advanced program. In this program you will learn new techniques and combinations while refining your current skills.
The Advanced Program covers all aspects of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu, including:
- Self-defence – advanced counters to attacks.
- Sport Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu – competition-style Jiu-Jitsu including throws, reversals, escapes and submission holds.
- Submission grappling – similar to Sport Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, but trained without the traditional gi (called no-gi competitions).
- Mixed Martial Arts – The modern version of “Vale Tudo” (Anything Goes) or “No Holds Bar” fighting.